The Accounting Technician performs various technical accounting duties, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliation of multiple accounts in an accurate and timely manner for all Arctos & Bird entities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process accounting information consistent with Arctos & Bird’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Record accounting transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts, journal entries, accounts payables and receivables, and maintenance of general ledgers.
- Assist with data analysis and preparation of accounting reports.
- Prepare and submit tax forms, including GST and Alberta Tourism Levy.
- Reconcile transactions and company bank accounts and credit cards.
- Ensure that operational managers follow internal control policies regarding coding, invoice authorization, and payment procedures.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and year-end working papers.
- Assist with reconciliation of monthly rent to rent rolls and RAN’s.
- Ensure that intercompany accounts balance regularly.
- Use judgement when coding to ensure that expenses and capital items are recorded to logical accounts where possible.
- Process the bi-weekly cheque run.
- Bank deposits and post office run.
Staff and Vendor Relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with department managers, suppliers and tenants.
- Act as the first line contact with vendors regarding billing problems.
- Follow up with operational managers for missing or incomplete information.
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for accounting systems.
- Maintain an up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support bookkeeping and financial records.
- Track time spent on different entities to ensure accurate allocation of accounting costs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Two years of bookkeeping experience
- Degree or diploma in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, and forms
- Ability to read, understand, and calculate financial figures such as discounts, interest rates, proportions, percentages, and taxes
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Quick Books
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Meticulous with numbers
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Position Listed On: 2021-08-17 11:26
Business Location: Arctos & Bird Administration